16.7.13

Maakansa festival 2013

A couple of weeks ago I had an assignment to photograph a small local one-day festival called Maakansa. My dear friend photographed this festival last year and he wanted to join the party this year, so he kindly asked me to take care of photographing the event this year and recommended me to organizers. Of course I took the challenge and agreed. Even though I had seen the last year's photos, I had no idea what to expect. After the festival I felt positively suprised, and I guess they have to find an another photographer for next year because I'm planning to join the party as well next year. Naturally there were couple of bands playing, but the organizers arranged a quiz, magician, sauna and traditional Finnish date game for the visitors as well. The other events along the bands were pretty unexpected but seemed to be pretty popular. The milieu was very atmospheric, the festival was held actually at countryside in middle of nowhere and the theme was along the same lines. Beautiful day at countryside, good music, delicious food, plenty of awesome people and last but not least ice cold drinks, PERFECT!

List of artists:
Bye Mandu
Narva Falls
Rosvosektori
Teflon Brothers
DJ Amanda Harkimo










No comments:

Post a Comment